Saturday, December 27, 2014

JDM Climate control hacking Part 3

A small update ,

I've glued the LCD in place and also done some testing in the car, I found the LCD is not bright enough to shine through the tinted plastic so i pulled the plastic off and am currently looking for a replacement.




I also replaced the hot glue after it melted in the car, Derp! i'm now using silicone.

I got the temperature sensors and have them working... Kinda, well they read the temp and i can display it on the LCD but i am experiencing a strange freezing issue were the arduino will completely lock up... After some testing i'm thinking it could be the RTC so i'll just have to wait till the new ones come to find out.

I also cut open the top of the casing so it's easier to work on, My original idea was to have a board that would slide in to the original slot but would turn out to be too difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment