Monday, December 29, 2014

Rear bumper repair & Tow bar install

Yeap i derped and smacked my bumper up a bit




Well now i get to have a go at fibreglassing



Also a good time to install the tow bar from my other Liberty




One of these tabs that attach the bumper to the inner support broke off



 I also done the clips that hold the sides up as after so many years they have started to sag and leave the horrid gap that the gen 2 is known for.



When the resin has set a little i trimmed the over hang




 I put some pop rivets in just to be sure



This is as good as i can get it for now.

Sorry i don't have a before and after but this is a great improvement as it was sagging about 15mm and bulging out about 10mm before.



I had the bumper off about 5 times and each time it got a little better so when it's not so hot i might pull it off again and do some more fine tuning.

No comments:

Post a Comment